My village is a small village with a population of only two hundred people. My village’s name is Bolpur. It is 150kms away from the main city of Kolkata. I visit my village once a year during my Dussehra vacation. I go there with my parents during this time to our ancestral house where Durga Puja takes place every year. see more....
As the car turns to take the muddy road, I can feel the freshness in the air. The road that leads to the village has big trees on either side and they are so full of life as if they are dancing with joy to welcome us to their village.
I have never seen such a breathtaking scene. There is a temple at the entrance of the village where often prayers, rituals, and other worshipping activities are taking place..
There is a big pond near the temple and is surrounded by mango trees, champak trees, and a big peepal tree. The smell of the flowers and mango buds attracts everyone’s attention.
My ancestral home is behind the peepal tree. read more....

0 Comments